Please read through the information below so you know what to expect from this Pre Registration Orientation. This online format does not meet everyone's needs or expectations. Please read through carefully so that there are no surprises and you are assisted in the best way possible.
What can I expect from the Online Registration Lab experience?
- This is meant to be the online equivalent of our in person session. You will be able to print the materials that are handed out in our in person sessions. Once you have completed the classroom there is a quiz at the end. You are expected to pass with an 80% or better. Your quiz results will be emailed to us and then we will email you back your registration information. Please keep in mind that this is not an automated response, so it can take up to two business days to receive a response with your registration information. Once you receive your registration information you can go online and register for classes. If you find you need assistance from an advisor you will need to come through one of our in person sessions.
I learn best when I am in a classroom with other students and can ask questions.
- Online registration lab will not give you contact with an Educational Advisor and may not be the best fit for you. This option is best when you know what classes you want to sign up for and feel comfortable navigating an online system. If you want to meet with someone to talk about degree requirements, make a new student pre-registration appointment. We can answer any general questions you have and get you ready to go through Registration Lab online or in person. We will not be registering you for classes at this appointment.
I spend a lot of time online and can successfully complete an online transaction like purchase goods from an online retailer.
- Online registration is very similar to shopping online and the Online Registration Lab may be a good fit for you. You select the courses you want to sign up for and then log in to your account to register. The Registration Lab online classroom takes you through tutorials on how to use the online tools to register for your classes.
I have transcripts from another college that I need reviewed before registering for classes.
- You might get frustrated with online registration if your official transcripts haven’t been evaluated yet. You will be blocked for unmet prerequisites for any course where you took the prerequisite at another institution. You may want to set up a Transfer in Student appointment where we can do an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts prior to registration. Make sure your official transcripts are submitted to Enrollment Services one week prior to your appointment.
- A faster option may be to bring our official or unofficial transcripts to an on campus registration lab and we can help with placement of English and math and help with any class prerequisite overrides that may be needed.
This online format is not going to work for me. Where do I find the information about the on campus registration lab?