First Quarter Checklist
- http://www.spsccbookstore.com/. Use your class schedule to find the right section and course number. You can order your books online, or go to the bookstore in building 27.
- Find Parking! Beginning Fall quarter 2012, you do not need a parking permit to park on main campus. Plan to arrive early to find a spot, as lots fill up quickly between 8am-1pm. It is also helpful to know where all of the different parking lots are before you come to class the first day.
- Get your Student ID Card! Get your student ID card from the Bookstore (bottom floor of bldg. 27). You can get a new quarter sticker from the bookstore each quarter. The quarter sticker is your free bus pass.
- Take a Campus Tour! Take an hour to walk around campus and make sure you are familiar with the buildings so you know where your classes are.
It is important that you get started on the right foot. Follow the steps below to give yourself the best possible chance of success. These steps are also available in the Helpful Documents Section of the website.
At Least Three Weeks Before the Quarter Starts:
- Pay Tuition! To pay your tuition you will need to login to your mySPSCC portal and click on the "Pay Tuition Now" in the Account Balance section. If you have financial aid, scholarships, or VA benefits please make sure these are in place and will be covering your tuition. Tuition is always due the 3rd Tuesday before the quarter starts.
- Purchase Textbooks! Go online to www.spsccbookstore.com/. Use your class schedule to find the right section and course number. You can order your books online, or go to the bookstore in building 27.
Day Before the Quarter Starts:
- Print your Schedule! Go to your mySPSCC portal and click on the "View/Edit Schedule" section and print your class schedule. Sometimes classroom locations change, so check to see if anything is different.
First Day of the Quarter:
- Arrive Early! Give yourself time to find parking, find your building and get in your classroom.
- Attend Class! Instructors can drop students for non-attendance, even on the first day.
- Read the Class Syllabus! Read through all materials given to you on the first day so you know what to expect throughout the quarter.
- Start Studying! Start reading and doing assignments so you don’t get behind in your work.
Where are My Classes?
Your class locations are listed on your class schedule. Go to your mySPSCC portal and click on the "View/Edit Schedule" section and print your class schedule. Each class will list a building and room number.
Make sure you know whether your classes are on our main campus in Olympia, or at our Hawk’s Prairie campus in Lacey Campus on 6th Avenue. The Lacey Campus classes will be listed with L and a number for which building on the Lacey Campus. Click here to link to our campus maps.