Many students begin here at South Puget Sound Community College and then transfer on to another college or university after completing a transfer degree or certain coursework. We have many resources available to you to help you plan your transfer.
If your goal is to eventually transfer to a university:
- Make sure you are working toward one of our seven transfer degrees. You can find out more about the programs on our Degree and Certificate website and by running your Degree Audit to see the courses required and how many you still have left to receive your degree.
- The Advising Center offers a series of transfer workshops each year, which can be found on the Transfer Services page of the website. Workshop topics include the application process, personal statement tips, financing options, campus visits, and more.
- The Advising Center has self-help Transfer Resources that include college and university materials and books on transferring. You are also welcome to make an appointment for transfer planning with one of the educational advisors at the Advising Center.
- Don’t forget to contact your prospective college or university early to discuss applying, educational programs, and the application process. Representatives visit SPSCC each quarter. Find out more about our transfer fairs and workshops please click here.
If your goal is to take prerequisite classes at SPSCC to transfer to another community college:
- Make sure you research course equivalencies. Contact an advisor at the community college that offers the program you are looking for about the courses you should take here at South Puget Sound Community College.
- For more information about available community college programs in Washington State, check out http://checkoutacollege.com.
- Once you have information about the program’s admissions and course requirements, you are welcome to make an appointment for transfer planning with one of the educational planners at the Advising Center.